Tuesday, September 26, 2006


Yesterday we installed this hand-lettered sign for Dr. Chris Kiersko of Westerly Chiropractic. Dr. Chris is moving his offices and re-naming his practice, and had suggested the name on an angled panel; I designed the logo and sign based on that. The sign itself is DiBond, a laminate panel of aluminum with a polyvinyl core, that has become my hands-down favorite substrate for this type of job. The installation required the removal of an existing electric sign cabinet, a somewhat complicated process involving a rope sling to lower the cabinet from the roof, and insect spray to deal with the wasps that always seem to nest in these darn things! Helping me with this installation was my good friend Bob Rochon, whose own shop, Creative Signworks, is in Millbury, Massachusetts.

You can see more of my hand-lettered signs at www.finestkindsign.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home